Sometimes when you try to copy complete document content to another doc, you will observe that all text and images copied successfully but google doc shows an error for drawings which you have created in the source doc.
Below are the steps which will help you to solve this issue.
- Open source document
- Select drawing and click on the Edit option. Once you click, a box will appear on the screen.
- Pick select tool from the standard toolbar of the box. Alternatively you can press
ESCkey to pick select tool.
- Using select tool select all components of drawing.
- Once the drawing is selected press
Cmd+cin MacOS). Alternatively you can right click and copy the components.
- Open the target google doc.
- Click on the document area where you want to paste the drawing.
- Now go to
Insert -> Drawing.
Cmd+von MacOS). Alternatively you can right click and select paste option.
- Once done, click on “Save and Close”.
Hope this helps. If you have any other suggestion, please post them in comment.